Monday, August 22, 2011

And Still.....


I still hold a plate in my hand when I eat Choco bar like I did when I was 4!

I still run like a duck and trip and fall and twist my ankle a gazillion times when I walk.

I still hate eating bananas

I still have Maggie and khichadi with ketchup

I still cry whenever I can

I still have severe shoe bites when I wear any footwear the first time.

I still think Raj, Rahul, Dev, Etc are real.

I still love watching movies - first day first show.

My dad’s stomach is still the best place to lie down on.

My mom is still the first person to come to my mind when I want something.

I am still as protective (or much more) about my brother like I was when he was 2.

I still love the first guy who gave me butterflies in my stomach (and he still does)

I still stalk my first boy friend

I still don’t know how to cut my nails.

I still apply Vicks on my leg when they hurt.

My mum is still the only person who can actually put me off to sleep.

My grandmother’s are still the strongest women I have known.

Jhama is still the only place that makes “good” mithai according to me.

Chembur is still the place that has all the possible things I want.

Marine drive is still the place that has all the answers.

Rains are still the most beautiful time of the year.

I still wish to leave the house only after my mum kisses me on my forehead.

My dad is still the luckiest person to be with.


There are so many things about me that have been with me since childhood. I have grown up. I have changed. I know much more than what I did. I have too many sides to me. I have opinions. I fight, I argue and I DON’T listen. But I am still the 5 year old Diu who couldn’t do a thing without her mum, I am the same girl who loved holding her brother’s hand throughout the day and I am the same inquisitive, imaginative little girl who’s day need on her dad’s stomach.

Its funny how everything in my life kept changing and I still always remained the same dreamy , stubborn , curious , over dramatic divya!

P.s: Thank you Ma, Pa and Patu for being more than a family. Thank you for being my bestest friends. Thank you for my childhood. Thank you for the Habits that make me who I am! Today when I am away from you’ll it just makes me realize that wherever I go, whatever I am, you complete me!

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool Divzu..!
    Parents can never be replaced..!
    really!
    be strong!
    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete