Friday, May 20, 2011

Hey Future Me!



Summers! I can’t begin to explain how agitated they get me. Since I am sick right now and I cannot do anything that requires me to stand up on my feet, I began watching the How I Met Your Mother series. As I started watching the most boring episode of my favorite season “the window” I realized that it’s not that bad after all. What got me excited? Well the idea of writing a letter to my future self..:D
So here it goes:

Dear *Hopefully More Sensible* Divya,
I have so many questions. Let’s do them one by one.
So first tell me, what are you? Are you an awesome award winning Film maker? Or did you after all become the new Oprah Winfrey? Don’t tell me you settled down for anything less than that. And if you did I hope you’re happy. And we both know what your definition of happy is.

Have you got yourself a house in at least 4 countries on the map? And are you inspite of this still traveling?

Are you a part of at least one really important cause and are you making a difference? Don’t let this one be a no!
Do you have a walk in wardrobe in your house? Do you have a better sense of style than now?

Oh that reminds me, are you thin? Or still lazy?

Are you still scared of being a parent? Or have you already adopted a daughter?

Are you single and busy or single and miserable or dating like an oh-so-awesome Hottie?

Did you grow your hair long and are they finally manageable?

Oh by the way did Pratik become an engineer after all? Did you send him for the Bryan Adam concert you promised him?

Do you and Pratik Mahajan still fight like now? Have you watched more movies than him?

Do you still read like crazy? Atleast crazier than now?

Is Gerard Butler still the hottest man alive?

Finally do you still blog? And are you finally writing sensible stuff? 

Too many questions, eh? But you know me. I am curious! Are you still?

If there is anything I want to tell you , it would be I hope you’ve achieved at least most of what you decided and if you haven’t and you are 60 at the time you read this letter don’t be afraid to get up and go do it. Because I am sure you can. If you are still the sniveling creature that I am now, cowering in the shadows and wracked by bouts of rage and depression, I hope you put an end to your misery.

You’re my only idol so I hope you are awesome!

Love
You!

No comments:

Post a Comment